You Tube is the world’s largest online video platform and it has been the home of some of the most popular rock songs in history. This article will explore how You Tube helped to shape rock music as we know it today.
Free classic rock music is a genre of music that was popular in the 1970s and 1980s. The genre is typically performed by groups who had a traditional blues-rock sound.
This Video Should Help:
If you’re a fan of classic rock music, then you’ll love checking out the best rock songs on YouTube! Whether you’re looking for some old-school favorites or something brand new to listen to, there’s sure to be a song that fits your mood. So dive into the world of classic rock and enjoy!
Best rock songs of the 60s
The 1960s was a decade that saw the birth of rock and roll, and with it, some of the most iconic and influential songs in history. From the Beatles to the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix to Janis Joplin, this decade saw some of the greatest bands and artists come to prominence. And while there are too many great songs to list them all here, we’ve compiled a list of what we believe are the best rock songs of the 60s.
“I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” – The Rolling Stones
One of the most iconic rock songs of all time, “Satisfaction” was released by the Rolling Stones in 1965 and immediately shot to number one in both the US and UK charts. With its catchy riff and instantly recognisable opening line, “Satisfaction” is a song that has stood the test of time and remains as popular today as it was over 50 years ago.
“Purple Haze” – Jimi Hendrix
Another song that needs no introduction, “Purple Haze” is one of Jimi Hendrix’s most famous tracks. Released in 1967, this psychedelic masterpiece features Hendrix’s signature guitar style at its very best, making it one of the greatest rock songs ever recorded.
“All Along The Watchtower” – Bob Dylan
Originally written and recorded by Bob Dylan in 1968, “All Along The Watchtower” was later made famous by Jimi Hendrix when he covered it on his Electric Ladyland album. One of Dylan’s most popular tracks, this song has been covered countless times by other artists over the years but remains best known for Hendrix’s version.
Best Classic Rock Songs:
Classic rock is a genre that encompasses a wide range of styles from various eras including (but not limited to) Psychadelic Rock from 1967-1969 , Hard Rock from 1970-1979 , Arena / Stadium / AOR from 1980-1989 . Here are our picks for essential classic rock songs:
1) Queen ufffd ufffdBohemian Rhapsodyufffd (1975) 2) Led Zeppelin ufffd ufffdStairway to Heavenufffd (1971) 3) Pink Floyd ufffd ufffdWish You Were Hereufffd (1975) 4) Eagles ufffd ufffdHotel Californiaufffd (1977) 5) Deep Purple ufffd ufffdSmoke on the Waterufffd (1972) 6) Aerosmith ufffd ufffdDream Onufffd (1973) 7 ) Derek & The Dominos ufffd ufffdLaylaufffd (1970), 8 ) Van Halen ufffd ufffdAinufffdt Talkinufffd Bout Loveufffd (1978), 9 ) AC/DC ufffd ufffdBack In Blackufffd (1980), 10 ) Boston ufffd ufffdMore Than A Feelingufffd
Best rock songs of the 70s
The 1970s was a decade of great change and upheaval, both in the world at large and in the realm of rock music. The genre itself underwent a massive transformation, as artists began experiment with new sounds, styles, and concepts. This was also a time when many classic rock bands rose to prominence, including Led Zeppelin, Queen, and Aerosmith. As such, compiling a list of the best rock songs of the 70s is no easy task. However, we’ve done our best to create a definitive collection of tunes that encapsulate the spirit of this incredible decade.
From hard-hitting anthems to soft ballads, there’s something for everyone on this list. So crank up the volume and get ready to rock out to some of the greatest songs ever written!
1) ” Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen
2) ” Stairway to Heaven” – Led Zeppelin
3) ” Hotel California” – Eagles
4) ” Comfortably Numb” – Pink Floyd
5) ” Kashmir” – Led Zeppelin
6) “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” – Blue Oyster Cult
7) ” Smoke on the Water” – Deep Purple
8) ” Crazy Train” – Ozzy Osbourne 9 10 11 12
Best rock songs of the 80s
The 1980s was a great decade for rock music. Some of the best rock songs of all time were released in this decade. There are too many great 80s rock songs to list them all, but here are some of our favorites:
“Back In Black” by AC/DC: This song is one of the most iconic rock songs of all time. It was released in 1980 and it instantly became a classic. “Back In Black” is a perfect example of 80s hard rock at its finest.
“Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana: This song was released in 1991, but it became an instant classic and it is still one of the most popular rock songs today. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” epitomizes the grunge sound that was so popular in the early 90s.
“Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses: This song was released in 1987 and it quickly became one of the most popular rock songs of all time. “Sweet Child O’ Mine” has a great guitar riff and it’s just an overall great Rock song.
These are just a few examples of the many great Rock songs that were released in the 1980s. If you’re looking for more great 80s Rock, be sure to check out our other lists (Best Classic Rock Songs, Best Hard Rock Songs, etc.).
Top 100 classic rock songs
The 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s were decades that saw the rise of rock music. And while there are countless Classic Rock songs out there, we’ve compiled a list of what we believe to be the 100 best. This isn’t just based on our opinion, but also on the popularity of these songs among classic rock fans. So without further ado, here are the 100 greatest classic rock songs:
1) “Stairway to Heaven” – Led Zeppelin
2) “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen
3) “Hotel California” – The Eagles
4) “Like a Rolling Stone” – Bob Dylan
5) “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” – The Rolling Stones
6) “Imagine” – John Lennon
7) “Born to Run” – Bruce Springsteen
8) “Smells Like Teen Spirit” – Nirvana 9)”God Save the Queen””- Sex Pistols 10)”Anarchy in the U.K.”- Sex Pistols 11)”Paranoid”- Black Sabbath 12)”Iron Man”- Black Sabbath 13)”Black Dog”- Led Zeppelin 14)”Comfortably Numb”- Pink Floyd 15)”Hey Jude”- The Beatles 16)”Yesterday”- The Beatles 17)”Maggie May”- Rod Stewart 18)”I Want To Hold Your Hand “- The Beatles 19)”Sympathy For The Devil “- The Rolling Stones 20)(Don’t Fear)The Reaper “- Blue ufffdyster Cult 21)”Go Your Own Way “- Fleetwood Mac 22)”Dust In The Wind “- Kansas 23).”Break On Through (ToThe Other Side)- The Doors 24).”Light My Fire- “”The Doors 25).”All Along Watchtower “”- Jimi Hendrix 26).Purple Haze- Jimi Hendrix 27).”Sweet Child O’ Mine “- Guns N’ Roses 28).”Another Brick InThe Wall (Part II)- Pink Floyd 29).Won’t Get Fooled Again – Who 30).We Will Rock You/We Arethe Champions-Queen 31).Baba O’Riley – Who 32).You Shook Me All NightLong- AC/DC 33).Rock and Roll All Nite – Kiss 34.)I Love Rock ‘n Roll--Joan Jett & the Blackhearts 35.)Jump – Van Halen 36.)Walk This Way – Run DMC featuring Aerosmith 37.).You Really Got Me – VanHalen 38.).Carry On Wayward Son – Kansas 39.).Free Bird – Lynyrd Skynyrd 40.).Bat Out Of Hell – Meat Loaf 41.).sweet home alabama 42.)paradise city 43.)welcome to the jungle 44.)don’t stop believin’ 45.)livin’ on a prayer 46.)pour some sugar on me 47.)we’re not gonna take it 48.)hair of the dog 49.)walk like an egyptian 50,)let’s spend the night together 51,)you give love a bad name 52,)every rose has its thorn 53,)hungry like the wolf 54,)should i stay or should i go 55,)white wedding 56,)rock you like a hurricane 57),tush 58.,juke box hero 59.,faith 60.),i want it all 61.),another one bites th dust 62.),under pressure 63.),you really got me 64.),pride and joy 65.),detroit rock city 66.),panama 67),living after midnight 68),enter sandman 69),back in black 70)),separate ways 71)),cold as ice 72)),crazy train 73)),the boys are back in town 74))black magic woman 75),here i go again 76,,overkill 77,.round and round 78,,la grange 79,,smoke on tbe water 80,. message ina bottle 81,.money for nothing 82,.won’t get fooled again 83,.free bird 84.,all right now 85.,we’re an american band 86.,simple man 87.,carry on my wayward son 88,,dreams 89..barracuda 90..more than words 91..brown eyed girl 92..love removal machine 93..slow ride 94.(Don’t Look Back In ) Anger 95 white room 96 lola 97 school’s out 98 should i stay or should I go 99 let it rain 100 little wing
Best classic rock music videos
When it comes to classic rock, there are certain music videos that just stand out above the rest. These are the videos that have become iconic and instantly recognizable, even if youufffdve never seen them before. From Led Zeppelinufffds ufffdStairway to Heavenufffd to Queenufffds ufffdBohemian Rhapsodyufffd, these are the best classic rock music videos of all time.
Led Zeppelin ufffd ufffdStairway to Heavenufffd: Arguably the most iconic classic rock song of all time, ufffdStairway to Heavenufffd by Led Zeppelin is a must-watch music video. The eight-minute long song is brought to life in this epic video, which features footage of the band performing live as well as some stunning nature shots. If you want to watch a true classic rock music video, this is it.
Queen ufffd ufffdBohemian Rhapsodyufffd: Another classic rock staple, ufffdBohemian Rhapsodyufffd by Queen is a masterpiece both musically and visually. The six-minute long song is broken up into several different sections, each with its own unique style and flavor. The accompanying music video features footage of the band performing live, intercut with shots of them lip syncing to the track in a studio. Itufffds an interesting and innovative video that perfectly complements the song itself.
Pink Floyd ufffd ufffdAnother Brick in the Wall (Part II)ufffd: Pink Floyd was always ahead of their time when it came to creating groundbreaking music videos. Their 1979 hit ufffdAnother Brick in the Wall (Part II)ufffd is no exception. The three-minute long video features schoolchildren marching through corridors and classrooms while singing the catchy tune. It also includes some bizarre images, such as a giant eyeball floating in space and children with their heads replaced by puppets. Despite its Weirdness factor, though, it remains one of the best classic rock music videos ever made.
The Who ufffd ufffdWon’t Get Fooled Again”: Released in 1971, “Won’t Get Fooled Again” by The Who is one of those songs that still feels fresh today. It’s an anthem for anyone who’s ever been lied to or taken advantage of, with lyrics that still resonate decades later (“Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss”). The accompanying music video was just as ahead of its time as the song itself, featuring computer-generated imagery that was years ahead of its time
Best classic rock songs
The 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s were decades that saw the birth and evolution of rock music. From the early days of Elvis Presley and The Beatles to the more experimental sounds of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, rock music has always been a favorite among listeners of all ages. While there are too many great classic rock songs to list them all, here are just a few of our favorites:
“Best Rock Songs of the 60s 70s and 80s”
1) “Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
2) “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin
3) “Purple Haze” by Jimi Hendrix
4) “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
5) “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
6) “Imagine” by John Lennon
7) “Like a Prayer” by Madonna
8) “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
9) “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
10) “With or Without You” by U2
Classic rock songs to listen to
The Beatles – “A Day in the Life”
Led Zeppelin – “Kashmir”
Pink Floyd – “Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2”
The Who – “Won’t Get Fooled Again”
Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
David Bowie – “Space Oddity”
These are just a few examples of songs that defined entire generations and continue to stand the test of time. Each one has a unique story behind it, and they’re all essential listening for any fan of classic rock.
Classic rock songs to avoid
There are plenty of great classic rock songs out there. But there are also some real clunkers. Here are 10 classic rock songs that you should avoid at all cost:
1. “We Will Rock You” by Queen
2. “Another Brick in the Wall, Part II” by Pink Floyd
3. “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” by The Rolling Stones
4. “Free Bird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
5. “Hotel California” by Eagles
6. ” Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen7.
8.”Stairway to Heaven” Led Zeppelin
9.”Dream On” Aerosmith10.”Start Me Up” The Rolling Stones
The “classic rock songs everyone knows” are a type of music that is commonly found on the You Tube platform. The songs have been around for decades, and they are still popular today.